Friday, January 9, 2009

Bridal Fashion Debut

This is it. In it's full glory.
I think Lorie was having a little too much fun with that screwdriver.

Measure man. What a great job he did.


I've been looking forward to and dreading this weekend for months. My first bridal show is now hours away and I can hardly stand it. I've had a small army of over worked and under paid volunteers to get to this point. My neighbor Lisa and her friends Dar and Sue helped me put my drawings into a real tangible thing. They spend a day with me at Lowe's and another 7 hours constructing this beast. My friends Lorie and Jarrod helped me load up, unload and reconstruct my booth. I'm so thankful that they both came to help me out on their day off. If it were up to me to hang those pictures, they would all be leaning to one side and approx. 8 holes behind every picture. I referred to Jarrod as my rent a husband because my real husband is working a booth this weekend at the CES show in Vegas. I wanted to repay him with his loyalties by being a nagging rent-a-wife backseat driver on the way home. Just to keep it "real".
Tomorrow will be a real test of endurance. I will have to stay in the same pair of shoes for 10 hours straight. A real challenge for me. Hopefully, I will meet some really great brides and book some amazing weddings.

No comments: