Saturday, December 20, 2008

Some of My Fav's

This picture will surely be seen again. I'm considering this for my next ad. Dylan had decided that I had taken enough of him, and he wanted to take a couple of me. He probably has the other side of this photo somewhere in that memory card.
I was actually at Dylan's house to do a newborn session with his new baby sister. He quickly stole the show and dominated the session.

I love this picture. Bella had decided early on in this session, that she would not be participating the way mom wanted. We took a walk in the front yard as well as here in the backyard. As you can see the ball in the background, we made several attempts to engage her in play that would involve an acceptable prop. She nixed that idea and stuck with the Dr. Pepper can, this turned out to be one of my favorites. It shows her little budding personality so well.


This is Bella's twin brother Lex. He's almost too pretty, but we won't let daddy hear that!
Normally by the time I'm done editing out a project, I have my favorites. It's so much fun to see if they are the "chosen few" when it comes time to order. Rarely, that is the case. When I first started shooting, I followed all the "rules" and had all eyes on me and most teeth showing. I wanted to make sure every one's face and smile was focused on the camera. As time has gone by, I feel like I'm settling into a "style" of my own. I LOVE the natural pose and smile. Some of my favorites are when the face is obstructed or the eyes have shifted off to more interesting things. I love the smiles and expressions that say "I'm so happy and comfortable". I love capturing the "less than perfect" moment (see nose pick) or the stubborn obstinacy of a one year old. Typically, these are not the poses put on frames, but they are the ones that make us smile 10 years later.


No comments: