Friday, February 20, 2009

Extreme Room Makeover

Before shot. Poor Abbey gets all of the leftover furniture.







When we moved in 4 years ago, I was in a big hurry to get rid of white walls. Four years!! Wow. Anyway, my little devil was 2 years old. All we really knew about this little girl was her temperament. She had one of the shortest most random fuses ever given to a child. She was no walk in the park. When deciding on a theme for her room, I assumed that she would follow suit with most every girl and want to play with dolls and be a princess. I could have not been any more wrong about that. As she got older she preferred hitting boys not chasing them, matchbox cars instead of barbies and pretty much any animal over dolls. She prefers a dog to a doll any day. Sure, she gets the occasional attempts from Mema to play with dolls, and she entertains the notion while she is in town, but she always goes back to the animal kingdom. The little doll house in the corner only houses dogs, dinosaurs and matchbox cars. No people allowed.
One thing she has taken to is the beach. She would rather visit the beach to any other place on earth. I call her my Roxie girl. We discussed a surfer girl room for about a year before anything actually got done. The thought of paining furniture makes my back hurt, but we went ahead and did it. I also had plenty of "help" painting. Sure this "help" did not speed up my process, but dang they sure were cute. In fact, Abbey declared this "The best day ever." Anyway, after finally finding all of the "oops" paint colors that I needed, and several 75% off bargains from Target, we are almost complete!

No comments: