Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Weekend Get Away




When it comes to being "girly" I really struggle. I don't refer to things as "precious", I don't really enjoy the mommy-kid groups such as MOPS, I prefer texting and facebook conversations to picking up the phone, and I would prefer to hang out with the guys on the back porch at all of the couple gatherings.
One thing I'm guilty of is being a scrapbooker. If it makes any difference, I still stir the pot when it comes to scrapbook conversations. Any who, last weekend some friends of mine set out for Flagstaff to enjoy a no kid or husband get away. The funny thing is, almost every conversation we had revolved around someones kid or husband. When it came to the group as a whole, I was definitely the light weight of the bunch. I took several mental breaks and went upstairs to check everyones status on facebook and answer emails. I was also the one who went to bed the earliest, 1am. Overall, the weekend was a success. The snow started to fall and the place was instantly beautiful. I could have stayed another day just taking pictures.


No comments: