Monday, March 2, 2009


I answered the phone today and got the news
It was back, and nothing could be done.
I could not breathe, I could not think
All my life I’d never dreamed
That you’d be gone, there’d be no tomorrow
I'm beginning to sink.

I thought of you, I thought of me
I thought of all that would not be
My mom, my sis, my kids would miss
All the joy you bring us with your kiss.

All my life I’ve been taught
Everything is for a reason, God has a plan.
We all prayed and wept for a healing
We were sure, we kept pleading
God said a silent “no” but we were needing
Something more, something better
Didn’t He know this was my dad?
Didn’t He care? Wasn’t He listening?
Another “No” whispered again

I said goodbye today to the man that I have loved
To the man that taught so much without a word.
He taught me strength, he taught me courage
He taught love and how to let go.
I never knew dreamed I’d feel so empty
Why did this happen? Doesn’t God know?

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?”
“Who shut up the sea behind doors, when it burst from the womb?
“Who told these waves ‘This far you may come and no further’”
“Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea
Or walked in the recesses of the deep?”
“What is the way to the place where the
Lighting is dispersed, or the place where the east winds
Are scattered over the earth?”
“Do you send the lightning bolts on their way?”

I sat in silence today as I read your words
“I’m in control, I’ve been with you and carried you too.”
“I know you are hurting, I know you are lost
I am the maker of the universe I’m the maker of you.
I gave you your father I gave you this man
I must take him now, there is a bigger plan.”

I give my father to You today and do it again tomorrow
I give you my grief, I give you my sorrow
I will trust you with today, and I will live for tomorrow.