Friday, July 23, 2010

Baby's First



As a parent there are many milestones you make with your babies. Most notably are normally, baby's first step, tooth or maybe even haircut. If you ask me, the best milestones for us have been the kind that don't make those silly books.

Over the last several months, the Weems family has had a couple. First, was Andrew's braces. We've known for several years that his mouth was a periodontal nightmare or an orthodontist dream, depending on your viewpoint. With much fear, on my part, we went ahead and did it. It took some time deciding on what organ we would donate to make that happen, but we bit the bullet and did it. We all survived, minus one kidney.

A couple of weeks ago I got an email for "Ladies Night" at The Melting Pot. My mind raced trying to think of a group of ladies that I would love to invite. As my mind swirled with possibilities, Ross said, "You know who would LOVE to go with you?" I knew he was referring to Abbey. As much as a kid free evening taunts me, I know she would completely enjoy it. My baby may enjoy the act of eating more than me. She loves trying new things and has a special love for cheese and chocolate that brings a tear of joy to my eye. She makes me proud. I relented and decided to take her. I'm so glad I did. We made a day of getting manicures and pedicures and even a trip to Dillard's for a new "long big girl dress." Abigail Rose I loved spending the day and evening with you. I'm already looking for our next night out!

1 comment:

I teach . . . said...

You are an awesome mom always focusing on your kiddos and what makes you happy as a family. You and Abbs both looked amazing for your night out! (Oh, but next time take ME!)

Amanda