Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just Shoot Me

The classic "Don't touch me!" One of my personal favorites
This time of year, everyone is busy getting a nice family photo for a Christmas card.  I spend a good part of my time editing and looking through everyone's nice family shoots.  For whatever reason, I always think that having a nice family photo is possible for me too.  I'm always wrong.  It's not in my cards, and probably never will be.  I have one child who is every photographer's dream and I have one that is a photographer's worst nightmare.  I have a husband who is somewhere in between.  There are always tears before and after every Weems family photo session.  We are a true "mission impossible".  Here are some "highlights" of our 2010 photo attempt. 


Not sure if I love Abbey's smile or my husbands totem pole pose best.  It's a real toss up.
With a blister on her foot, newly cut "swoop" bangs and a smile that melts a mothers heart. 
did I mention new swoop bangs?
Wow.  It's hard to even look at this without thinking "Christmas Card"
So, as the day concluded I realized I would have to think "out of the box" for this years card.  Assuming, of course, we decide against trading in one of the kids for a Duggar.  All in all, there were a couple keepers from the first few I shot.  Enjoy.

No comments: