Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday To Abbey!

This morning started out like any other, a cup of coffee and healthy cinnamon roll breakfast.





This is Abbey and Johnny. Abbey thinks he is soooo cute.
Six years ago today I put down my bowl of Blue Bell long enough to give birth to my 69 lb. baby. Well, it turned out that she was only 8 1/2 lbs, but she must have had a 60 1/2 lb. placenta. Well now that I think about it, it was probably 60 lbs. of blue bell. Any who, it seems like just yesterday. I knew from the start she was going to be a handful. As I look back, I get a little sad that I rushed her through those toddler years. She was such a "challenge" to keep happy. I could not wait for her to grow up and be able to hang out with us without her frequent tantrums.
She is really a cool little girl. I realize the thing that drove me crazy about her is what I love most. She is such a confident and fun little girl. She really enjoys being herself. How many kids do you see with a yellow cast? It's not even happy sunny yellow, it's hazmat yellow. You only see this color on crime scene tape! This summer she played baseball on a team of boys. She never once made the observation that she was the only girl. I don't think she even cared. My sweet little girl does not own a baby doll, barbie or anything princess. She lives 100% in the animal kingdom. Her garage sale dollhouse is full of matchbox cars and horses, and that is very normal to her.
I know that in a couple of years she will think I'm the most embarrassing thing to walk the streets. She will insist on my dressing day wear when I drop her off, and I won't be allowed to kiss her before she leaves the car. Well, actually, she already does all of that but I know it will get worse. For now, I will enjoy this 6th year of Abbey to the fullest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember 2 other girls who did the same things, but I could never be more proud of them now.
I love you, you are still my little girl even though everyone else sees a grown, beautiful woman.
mom