Monday, November 17, 2008

Party Girl

Abbey is shown here with two classmates Abby and Rylee
Here is Abbey, my child who will find a way to not look directly at the camera. She is getting very creative.

Abbey with the oh so cute Johnny

This year we had a super fun party planned for Abbey's 6th birthday. I was unusually on the ball planning wise. I had made reservations for a bounce house and snow cone machine for the park down the street. I even went ahead and pre-printed party invitations with all of the party info.
All of our planning and prep work went out the emergency room window on Halloween. She confided herself with the thought of her bounce house party. I figured I would wait until we were home and no longer on morphine to break the news to her. We later decided to just have a pizza party. It seemed the safest anyway, physically speaking.
Abbey had most of her class show up for the party, with a couple of preschool Goldie-oldies. Her friend, Lily brought the Easy Bake Oven. She asked everyone for that silly thing, and I told everyone not to bother. My dear sweet neighbor fell for her scheming ways. The party could not have been more chaotic and insane. I think there were 500 other children there celebrating their own birthday's. They looked like a swarm of ants. Really, I don't know if ants swarm, maybe bee's would be a better analogy? Maybe a heard of elephants? No, much too large. Maybe a big 'ole bunch of alley cats. I can't know for sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like everyone had fun. Wish I could have been there. We are going to have to have a talk about this so cute boy-Johnny.