Saturday, October 30, 2010

It Had To Be Done.

Over the summer I started making goals for myself and my business.  I feel like when I started out, I wanted to shoot anything and everything.  Over the years, I've discovered my love for shooting weddings.  Weddings are so crazy and wonderful all at the same time.  They are all predictably unpredictable and I love it.  In order to really focus in on weddings, I need to reformat a few things.  My website needs a major overhaul.  I want people to feel like they know me and what to expect, before they ever contact me.  The best way for me to do that, is with video.  The thought of seeing and hearing myself on video gives me a small twitch.  If I had to name one thing that I hate more than anything, it would be flying.  Flying is not really what I'm talking about here, so mentioning it would be pointless.  If I had to mention my top 10 things, seeing and hearing myself would be right after those top ten.  Seriously close.


Anyway, I went ahead and bit the bullet.  Jeff Cools Production, did a great job.  When I first saw it, I had to close my eyes when I saw myself.  Who is this crazy lady, and where did that accent come from?  I chose the most colorful shirt I had ever purchased and put on my pinkest pink eyeshadow, and thought that would be cool.  Turns out, when I start talking about color, there is a shot of me talking.  All I can think about is how much I look like that lady on the Drew Carey show.  Seriously, I never wear that much color.  I also love how I'm pretty much dressed exactly like the beautiful lady I'm shooting.  In retrospect, I wish I would have added dialog about how I insist on my clients that they dress like me for every shoot. 


Jennifer Weems Photography from Ronda Zang on Vimeo.

No comments: