Sunday, October 31, 2010

Adventures in Engagement Shooting

Being from "out of town" is sometimes difficult.  Back home, in God's country, I knew where everything was.  I know if I want a cool "urban" look, I would head straight to downtown Dallas.  I could shoot for days and days, just in downtown.  Cool stuff.  Finding cool spots here is a bit challenging.  Here in Phoenix, we are so concerned with blending in with nature, that things all start to look the same.  We have golf courses, rocks, stucco, several waterfalls (normally prohibited) (not that it stops me) and tons of cactus's or is it cacti or maybe cacky? 

A couple of months ago, I took a scenic route home from the camera shop.  Truth be known, I was just plain lost.  It turned out to be a great thing.  I found a great street of "character."  Turns out, every time I've shot there, I've found several characters.  Most of them scary.  Here are a couple fun shots of my last engagement session there.  These two were so much fun, and felt safe knowing they were armed.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do pictures count as words? I will keep my eyes open for those funky spots around town....keep it up

jackie dee said...

I love that building !!! I am guessing it is somewhere in downtown Phoenix?