Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Cute Little Devil

It's messy hair day, so only slightly different from normal style.  Not sure where he learned the "call me" pose?
OK, for all of you who hate the generic mom talk, go ahead a "x" on out of here.  Normally, this would be me, but I'll try to stick around long enough to write my own post.  I have a very lofty goal of 30 post in 30 days, so bear with me.  This is post 4 of 30, if you're keeping track.  Hi mom.  Mom?  You there?  Tap, tap, tap....is this thing on?

A couple days ago we had parent conferences.  Normally, I brace for the worst.  Abbey, somehow, has her teachers generally fooled.  They always talk about how sweet and obedient she is, and I try not to get nauseous while hearing about it.  Andrew, on the other hand, is normally a different story.  I normally hear about how disorganized he is and how he does not put in his full effort.  I also hear a lot about how he has a tendency to act like a 10 year old boy.  I know that boys will be boys, but my kid really puts the "oy" in boy.  I always have the night before confessional session.  It's only fair that they have the chance to make any last minute confessions.  I also like to know so I don't have an "I'm going to go home and beat my child" look on my face. 

When I walked into Andrew's review, his teacher was encouraging.  He has apparently turned a corner, and stopped using her classroom as a captive audience to the "Andrew Show".  I noticed that he had left me a note.  I read it on the way out to the car, and I found myself getting all mushy.  This little boy has a way of getting my heart in record time.  Please excuse the bad handwriting, it's in the gene pool. 

1 comment:

Tammy R Moore said...

What a sweetie!