Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cowboys and Godzilla






Today we had an early release day from school. Really, why do those kids need a one and a half days off every month? Just when I get the hang of having no kids around, bam, 1/2 day. I digress. After about of hour of reading/reeking havoc in mommy's room we split up. I suggested that they spend time playing toys in their own rooms, mainly so I could get a couple of emails sent and invoices done. I look out from my office and see my little monsters playing army guys, Indians, horses and Godzilla just like every other kid, right? Don't worry your little self, I'm not delusional. I know they are eclectic in their play.
At first, admittedly, I thought of the big mess they were making. That quickly passed when I got on my stomach. They really had quite a set up. The army guys were all in a row with the animals all hiding for cover in the fort. Later, Abbey rearranged things and put the animals out. I tricked her into the shot by telling her to lay in the back so that I could bet a better picture of her animals. Her sweet smile is even sweeter when you know that smile is from her proud achievement.

No comments: