Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wedding MBA

This week I've been attending a Wedding Merchants Business Academy. Most people in attendees paid $300 per ticket, and most flew into Phoenix for the occasion. When I signed up to do the Bridal Show, I negotiated in a ticket to this conference. I'm trying to slowly work my way into the Bridezilla world of Wedding Photography. Although, during most of the speakers I spent my time checking out bad fashion and entertaining myself with humorous thoughts and observations. The main dude, for example, was a spitting image of a wax museum Steve Carell with a Kermit the Frog voice. Despite daydreams and butt cramps, I did pull some good things out of it. And no, I'm not still referring to my butt. I'm sure that comment just horrified my mother. Sorry mom.

Any who. The following are action points for myself. I'm not sure why I'm blogging them, but I am. First, be different be creative. I've got to find something that makes me stand out as different. My cute little AZ accent is not going to get me much. I need to really find a way to stand out in the crowd. Second, I need a cool logo. I don't really have anything that ties my website to my card and my ad's. I need something that will attract families, prego's and brides. I'm thinking something with Tiffany blue. Third, I need to really look at my pricing and packages to make sure I'm equal with my competitors. Fourth, I need to look at my advertising, website and maybe get a professional blog going. The new thing for businesses today is a blog. Finally, I need to look at watering that money tree out back. I'm pretty sure we lost it in the freeze of '07.

No comments: