Friday, October 24, 2008

A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood







Around this time every year I remember why I love this place. The weather is so good I can taste it. It feels better outside than inside, and the windows rarely close. This goes on through April. Another bonus is the hot air balloons. They are simply beautiful and as faithful as the sunrise. Every morning around 7:30 they start to pop out. As we were leaving for school, Abbey stopped mid tantrum to run out to see the nine balloons passing over. The top two photos were taken from my doorstep. I could hear the people talking about how peaceful everything seemed. Apparently they did not hear inside the Weems home where fights about knee highs and dresses were in high gear.

1 comment:

I teach . . . said...

We love the balloons too. We look forward to them every fall. Beautiful!