Friday, October 24, 2008

Skippyjon Jones









While I was out taking picutes this morning of the hot air balloons, I noticed my traditionaly camera shy kid posing with her new book. Skippyjon Jones, Skippyjon Jones that's all I've heard since the overpriced book fair came to town. How great could this book really be, I thought. All kid books are the same. Cute little character saves the day or falls off to a peaceful sleep. Right?
Last night I crawled up in Abbey's bed to read this story to her. I needed to read it, she had my curiosity going. Simply put, it was the best book I've ever read. I got to use my Spanish accent and everything!! It was hilarious and fun to read. I think every parent should go find this book and read it to their kids. It's awesome.
On a separate note, the book is now but a memory. Apparently shortly after these pictures, Skippyjon Jones got mixed up with the water bottle in Abbey's backpack. Mrs. Molitor called and needed me to talk Abbey out of a full on melt down. I could hear the puffy eyes and red nose over the phone. I promised to look for a replacement, and she agreed to go back to carpet time. All is well.

2 comments:

I teach . . . said...

LOVE the knee socks and mary janes. What did you have to bribe her with this time?

A

Unknown said...

I hope you find another copy of the book so Abbey and I can read it together.
love mema