Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Big Fat Great Idea

These pictures loaded backwards, but this is the last shot I took of Abbey. Right before she smiled she asked "Mom, are you sure there is nothing on my face?" (click on image for full glory)
Andrew decided to go for the super sour cherry ice cream. I think he did this to ensure that every picture from this point forward would showcase his red mouth.
My two kids have always been very affectionate with each other. There's also a chance that Abbey is so afraid of mommy, that she's clinging to her brother. It could really go either way.

Honestly, who could she possibly be waving at?!





One of my most frequent comments are as follows, "I bet you have so many great pictures of your kids!" My response varies, but always follow a sarcastic laugh. My kids run for the covers when they see the camera come out. No! Not more pictures! They have been my Guinea pigs for every new piece of equipment I've purchased. They that posed and reposed more than any other child in their class.
Sunday I decided that I wanted to take the kids out to the park and get some "formal" shots of Ab's. I actually brushed her hair and made an effort to get rid of the mid-afternoon blahs. Honestly, I don't know how a kid can get so dirty and disheveled in a 3 or 4 hour time frame. Every day I drop off my kids to school dressed well, hair done and socks clean. By the time they get out of school they are sweaty and smell like the school cafeteria. Their clothes look like they have been running laps around the playground, rolled in sand, and dipped in finger paint! Oh, hello, are you still there? I digress.
As soon as we got to the park my flash stopped working. I decide to let them play on the equipment and I would get some cute candids. Well, they immediately split up and I lost them both instantly. My next great idea was to move and look for the train tunnel. Well, all good and fine until they decided to scale the rocks next to the tunnel. Now I can't reach them and I'm shooting right up Abbey skort. Normally, have so much patience with other children that I photograph. But after Sunday I realized it's easy to have patience with a child when you have someone else there to threaten, excuse me, parent and discipline. I decided the natives won this battle and agreed to let them have ice cream. Somehow, I got a really cool shot as the sun went down. I came home exhausted and sporting a migraine.

No comments: