Friday, October 17, 2008

Entrepreneur's At Work

Andrew, Tatum, Abbey & Lily
Aggressive sales at it's best. Abbey did not know these people from Adam.
More neighborhood kids trying to earn a dollar
More satisfied customers. Most people parked and walked over. Some, like these, stayed for the conversation.

My kids have been asking for literally years for me to assemble the lemonade stand in the garage. Mema bought this a while back, but I've never really had the desire, excuse me, time to put this monster together, let alone store the thing.
Tomorrow we are going to participate in the community garage sale, and I persuaded the kids to get rid of some toys by offering to assemble the lemonade stand. It worked. I started around 2pm to start, and about two hours later and several "derogatory" comments regarding the manufacturing of this product, we had a real live lemonade stand.
The kids were ready to put it to work, and they were hilarious. Andrew realized the mailbox location had dollar signs all over it. People were getting off work, getting their mail, and not to mention the stop sign facing the mailbox. They yelled and screamed as if they were on fire...."Lemonade!!! Get Your Lemonade!!" The first car pulled up to the stop sign and watched the spectacle and then turned in the opposite direction. I heard Abbey yell, "Yes, he's going home to get lots of money!" At long last, a man pulled over and parked. They had their first customer. Again I heard Abbey, "He's coming, He's really comin'!"
At the end of the day, they earned $15 and used 3 cans of lemonade. We are officially ready for tomorrow's garage sale.

3 comments:

I teach . . . said...

I love the kids working and the FOR SALE sighn in the background. This could be a paoster for foreclosures . . . the kids forced to work to make the mortgage payment.

Alos, I STILL have Abbey's invite for Z's party next weekend. It has been in my car for weeks and I realize now you only have one week's notice. I hope you guys can come. (2PM, our house)

A

I teach . . . said...

And clearly I can. not. type.

Unknown said...

It's good to see that lemonade stand finally being put into service. I hope my name was not mentioned in those derogatory remarks. I would have bought a whole gallon of lemonade from those two sweet babies.
mema