Sunday, August 31, 2008

Crochet for Dummies



Last night I was looking for some cute hats for the kids on the internet. The more I looked the more I thought to myself....Self, I can do that. How hard can that be? I figured I could buy a hat for $20 on the internet or spend a couple of dollars on yarn and needles and make my very own custom hat. My mom is in town so she could give me a jump start and I could finish off my first hat, scarf, glove set by night fall.

By the time we got done with lunch and walmart we were having our first lesson. I had decided to make the kids hats and scarfs (pictured above). I think it was around 2:30ish when we started, by 4 o'clock I had knitted a green and brown poop size ball of yarn. Mission accomplished. Hopefully, Andrew will grow to appreciate his poop looking key chain that I made him. Maybe I'll have more luck in the morning. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

I teach . . . said...

That's some good looking poop. Hey, after you learn how to knit you can teach me. I have always wanted to know how!

A

Unknown said...

Nice. Maybe you could make one of those finger trap thingies?