Friday, August 15, 2008

This morning started out like any other. Running late, still in pj's when I load up the kiddos for school and an unplugged automatic coffee maker. As luck would have it my neighbor drove by and offered to take my kids. I think she was more worried that I might need to get out of my car in public with the clothes that I was wearing. Without much fight, I let her take my kids to school. Sweet!

After convincing Ross that I did not pawn them off at the corner to a nice man with puppies in the trunk, he really surprised me. He split half of this prized $200 rebate with me and said I deserved a little something for myself. He also had the wisdom to tell me to buy me a nice pair of jeans. Some men buy chocolates, some send flowers, but it was the nice confrontation on the stairs that really made my day. No holiday or fight just plain sweet. How nice.

No comments: