Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Day 2, still no kids.


OK, so I joined the Beuf Community Center so I could have a nice place to workout, cheap. My commitment was $50 a year - what a bargain. Today was my first official workout. I really looked official: shorts with strips down the side, tank top, jogging shoes, water bottle, ipod and community center card around my neck. My plan is to get familiar with the layout of the facility by just making some general observations from the walking deck. To be very honest, I was not sure how long I would last after climbing the 30 steps to the upper deck. That was a challenge, but I took them running (I wanted to show everyone how eager I was to work-out). When I reached the top, I was excited to see so may of my senior citizen friends. At my pace I passed old lady with the pink shirt 4 times and "woman at work" lady 5, I was really cruising. I managed to clear 2 miles with a couple of cool down laps. I had fun entertaining myself with thoughts of the ipod playlist of my fellow seniors. I laughed to myself thinking how funny it would be if they had some Snoop or Little bow wow playing in their ears. Overall, my workout was a success and a do again for sure. It was great to have some time to myself and my thoughts, as random as they are. I could have never done it with out my friends support: Steven Tyler and his little band, Blink 182, Bowling for Soup, Justin Timberlake, Ciara, and yes a little from Ms. Brit Brit. Tomorrow my goal is to pass old man jogger in orange shirt, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: